Thursday, August 31, 2017

 
August 31, 2017
A FEW FAVORITE THINGS
Watercolor, 16" x 20"

These are just that, a few of my favorite things. (I can almost hear that wonderful tune from Sound of Music!) Flow-blue reminds me of the color of the Great Lakes. Blueberries...I just love! Love to paint them. Love to eat them. Love to pick them. Next in the painting is the antique Battenberg Lace tablecloth. This particular one was handmade by some dear lady more than 100 years ago. I treasure each stitch she made. The final element in the painting are the hydrangeas, with their dusty pink paper-like flowers. These are from one of my bushes, We haven't had rain for a while so those still on the bush to drying.

I hope the delight I feel for these items will give the viewer great delight also.


No comments:

Post a Comment