Tuesday, November 7, 2017

CHAMPAGNE ELEGANCE
watercolor 14" square 
November 7, 2017
It's finished! Took much longer than I had anticipated. The areas which seemed to be the simplest proved to be those that I struggled with the most.

Why I have posted the progression steps of the painting: Throughout the past 30 years there have been many students who have asked me to show the progressions of how paintings are born. If you scroll down this blog, you will see the growth of the image from the first touches of the watercolor to the paper, right to this image. My hope is that by seeing these steps it will encourage others to try also.

One more very important thing...I could not do any of these paintings without the Lord at my side along the way. When I see what I do when I'm not aware of His presence, it's terrible. I need His help.



No comments:

Post a Comment