Saturday, September 24, 2016

September 24
Yesterday was spent drawing all the minute details of my next painting, onto the heavy watercolor paper. This is the time that is important to the success of the painting. Since the white of the paper is the white of the painting, I need to make sure that I know where they are before painting. I use a technique called 'negative painting' to keep them. It's simply painting around the white ares. There are ways to block them out, paint over, then remove the tape or maskit, however these take time and sometimes leave a residue on the paper. I love the challenge of negative painting. 

Since this is another water scene, there are a lot of areas that will remain white here. I hope you check back regularly to see the progress.

Have a colorful day!
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment