Wednesday, July 12, 2017

July 12

I had the joy of spending a few days on a beautiful island in the Mackinaw Straits of Lake Huron.
Can't believe how exciting it was to roam the island and take in all that Nature had to offer. The moss which covered most of the ground made my tiny moss garden here at home look insignificant.

I took more than 300 photos while there. From two or three of these I have started a study. I hope to do a large painting...about the size of "GOD'S IN THE DETAILS" which was completed in 2016. It measures 34" x 54". Before doing that size, I need to experiment with several smaller pieces to get the feel for this beautiful environment.

This is the progress after 5 hours of work. It takes a while to build up the richness of detail that amazed me in the first place.
Colorfully,
Sandy



No comments:

Post a Comment