Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January 31, 2017

Here it is, about done. I'm not calling it finished this afternoon. Must sleep on it tonight and think it over in the morning.

As I was working on this, I remembered two of the early jobs I had in my adult life. The first one was as the sign designer for W.T. Grant Co in Quincy, IL. I made all the 'sale' signs (using pen and ink!) These were used at the end-caps of the merchandise. Now I remember just how tedious that was....so exacting. Thought of that as I was doing the details of the cigar box.

The next position that came to mind was as Advertising and Display Manager for J.C. Penney. I was responsible for creating displays in the four large windows of the store, create the advertisements each week for the local newspaper, create in-store displays in various departments, and once again, make the sale signs for the store. This time I had a printing press and those beautiful numbers and letters which you see occasionally in antique stores....so much easier to use! Once again, I was playing with letters and numbers.

Not sure of a title yet. Possibly Three pears and a Lemon. Not very creative...

No comments:

Post a Comment